HTI is dedicated to helping you achieve your career objectives. We offer a variety of services to develop your professional abilities and support you in landing the job you want.
Career services are an integral role of the educational experience at HTI:
- Professional Development courses cover, among other things, resume writing, interviewing techniques, and job search strategies.
- Assistance is available to research occupations, job descriptions, companies, salary information, and job trends for various career choices.
- Assignments and projects to include in your professional portfolio help students with self-marketing
- Placement assistance is available in your internship. Once the instruction period for either or both of the three-month modules have been completed, the Allied Health Careers Project requires a 4-week internship. The internship is an invaluable, hands-on learning experience. Many HTI students have been hired by the organizations with which they have interned.
- HTI’s Placement Coordinator works with local and national employers to find positions that match the training and qualifications of individual qualified students. These contacts help HTI determine career opportunities and make curriculum changes needed to meet new employment demands and standards.
Although there is no guarantee a student gets hired, job placement information and assistance is available to all HTI students, past and present.
HTI graduates have been hired by a variety of local and national companies, including:
- Queen’s Medical Center
- Kaiser Permanente
- Bank of Hawai`i
- Kamehameha Schools
- Hawai`i Pacific Health
- Kahuku Hospital
- AFLAC Insurance
- Myron B. Thompson Academy
- Stevenson Intermediate School
- Wai`anae Coast Comp Health Center
- The Learning Disabilities Assn of Hawai`i
- Native Hawaiian Health Scholarship Program
- `Olelo Community Television
- Honolulu Police Department
- Office of Hawaiian Affairs
- Native Nations Education Foundation
- United Rim Transport
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Waikiki Health Center
- Ke Ola Mamo
- Hawaiian Pacific Chiropractic
- Francis West
- Times Pharmacy
- Servco Hawai`i
- Minatoya Eye Clinic
- Wal-Mart Pharmacy
- American Lung Association
- ALU LIKE, Inc.