HTI’s Admissions process is designed to ensure you have had adequate educational preparation, measured by satisfactory entrance assessment scores, in order to succeed in the module of your interest.
The HTI staff is here to help you with the following admission requirements:
- Completed Admissions Application Form
- Photo ID (driver’s license or state-issued ID)
- Social Security card
- High School Diploma, GED, or C-BASED certificate (originals only). Official transcripts are acceptable in lieu of a diploma or certificate.
- Current Tuberculosis Clearance card
- Record of Hepatitis B vaccinations
- Proof of two (2) measles immunizations – 1 must be an MMR for those born after 1957 (state requirement)
- Wonderlic Basic Skills Tests in English and Math (testing provided at HTI)
- Participation in HTI’s Workforce Foundation Program, which includes tutoring for students who need assistance attaining prerequisite basic skills scores for entrance in HTI programs, participation in academic and financial aid advising sessions, and creation of initial components of a Foundation Portfolio.
- Birth Certificate showing proof of ethnicity for students who wish to be considered for scholarships specifically allocated for qualified people of Native Hawaiian ancestry.
To start your desired program on its scheduled start date, all required documents must be submitted. Be sure to check with your physician to determine whether you have the required immunizations on your record to avoid delays in your admission.
Admission Testing lasts approximately one (1) hour and involves completion of the Admission Application Form, acceptance of required documentation, and a short discussion about your motivation to successfully complete the program of interest.
Test Schedule: Monday - Thursday 12:00pm to 2:00pm
If you have questions or would like more information on HTI’s admission requirements, please contact us.